Posted to rec.woodworking
Nahmie[_2_] Nahmie[_2_] is offline

Default Ping Larry Jaques

On Nov 13, 8:46*am, Larry Jaques
wrote:
On Thu, 12 Nov 2009 17:04:50 -0800 (PST), the infamous Nahmie
scrawled the following:

On Nov 11, 7:02*am, phil wrote:
On Nov 11, 9:34 pm, Noons wrote:

SNIP

My goodness, look at the gremlins pop out of the woodwork! Glad to
"see" you, Phully & Larry.

Hey, same here, Nahmie. *I should say "Hi!" to Noons, too, since I
haven't talked to him since coming back.

I hear from Jummy once in a while. Guess he's still into the
construction, but also very active in a band

www.brazosriverband.com

Well, when he ain't hackin' away at pineywood, he's hackin' away at
C&W music, huh? *Ain't that sweet? *[Hey, Jums! Throw a nice, long,
sensual hug and a liplock on Amie for me, will ya? Yowza! Schweet!)
(Oops, hope she's not your woman.)] Hmm, there sure are a lot of good
looking women singing Country, aren't there? *Jums looks to be doing
well.

Anyhoo, Hi to all. Legs/knees getting worse, so pretty much doing
sitdown ww'ing, but I'm trying to work up some turned Christmas
ornaments for presents @ our church Christmas party(chinese auction).

My wrists are starting to get to me, so I may not be doing the larger
handyman jobs in the future.

Have you lowered your shop to suit seated wooddorking yet, Nahmie? the
nice thing about benches and such is that you can hack 'em off at the
knees if you want, or drop 'em and open 'em up so you can roll into
them with an electric chair. *Oops, I meant "electric wheelchair",
didn't I? *I've been assembling and delivering Jazzy carts and chairs
to the locals for the last year, too, and installing those "Help! I've
fallen and can't get up!" Life Alert units, too.

With my shop so crowded with junk, I've done most of my wooddorking
outside, on horses and the grass. Not "fine" by any means, but it's
mostly construction work, so it's no biggie.

Take care!

--
You know, in about 40 years, we'll have literally thousands of
OLD LADIES running around with TATTOOS, and Rap Music will be

Actually, my "shop" got moved to BIL's garage in Longview, TX about 4
yrs ago. SWMBO retired, we sold house & live in a 36' 5th wheel RV,
spend Summer back near kids in Jamestown, NY and Winter here in TX.
Can't really cut equipment down too much because BIL wants to get into
more ww'ing, and he will inherit when I'm gone. Had Lap Band surgery
in Jan. '08, dumped about 60lb. and when I can get rid of another 70,
gonna try for new knees, providing our illustrious leaders new health
care plan will allow it. In the meantime, I do some scroll saw stuff,
and keep a chair nearby so I can take breaks from standing, although
sometimes it's worse to have to get up again than to keep standing!

Again, "Hi" to all.
Norm