Posted to uk.d-i-y
chris French chris French is offline

Default Slightly OT - Wheely bin compactors

In message o.uk, Dave
Liquorice writes
On Fri, 13 Nov 2009 12:42:42 +0000, Tim W wrote:

http://www.trashbasher.co.uk/

We have a fairly sensible council weekly collection for the blue bag
of general waste, alternate weeks for the green box of paper, metal
and glass or green wheelie bin of garden waste. Food waste goes on
our compost heap.

We have two-weekly collections, but I've never found the volume of
rubbish an issue.

black bin for general rubbish, but never seems to get anywhere near
full unless we have been having a bit of a clear out of somewhere.

blue bin for recyclables, I can sometimes fill this up, usually if there
is lots of cardboard. but they will take extra stuff as well as long as
sensibly put out say all in another box or somesuch. Or soem cardboard
goes on the compost.

Green bin for organic waste. Will take all sorts of food kitchen waste
including meat, bones etc. And shredded paper. But mostly we compost our
stuff.

I do wish they took plastics on their collection and cardboard but as
the weekly supermarket has facilties for those it's no great hardship
or cost to take them there.

Glass goes to the bottle bank, other than that the mosty obvious thing
missing from recycling is the rigid plastic used for trays, pots etc.
no. 5 -polyproplene?

--
Chris French