Posted to uk.d-i-y
Tim W[_2_] Tim W[_2_] is offline

Default Slightly OT - Wheely bin compactors

Dave Liquorice
wibbled on Friday 13 November 2009 14:25

On Fri, 13 Nov 2009 12:42:42 +0000, Tim W wrote:

http://www.trashbasher.co.uk/

Suggested that you store in hung on the back of your bin. I bet it
will grow legs and walk faster than the biodegradeable rubbish in the
bin...

Yes. Or the council will notice too many in use and start to devise a
devious plan to negate their use (smaller bins and a free compactor for
everyone?)

We have a fairly sensible council weekly collection for the blue bag
of general waste, alternate weeks for the green box of paper, metal
and glass or green wheelie bin of garden waste. Food waste goes on
our compost heap.

Yes, for those of us who are lucky to have a garden the compost heap does
take a decent amount of what falls out of a kitchen (assuming you don;t
live of micromeals).

I do wish they took plastics on their collection and cardboard but as
the weekly supermarket has facilties for those it's no great hardship
or cost to take them there.

We don't really have a local supermarket - I buy online from Sainsburys once
per week - don't think the bloke will like being offered my cardboard ;-
--
Tim Watts

This space intentionally left blank...