Posted to uk.d-i-y
Tim W[_2_] Tim W[_2_] is offline

Default Slightly OT - Wheely bin compactors

Bob Eager
wibbled on Friday 13 November 2009 13:08

On Fri, 13 Nov 2009 12:42:42 +0000, Tim W wrote:

Ah - the joys of crap councils...

Our council has a new twist this week...

We put garden waste in a green bin, and landfill waste in a grey bin.

Recycling goes in a clear plastic bag. We get 17 of these every three
months. More can be obtained from the council offices, free.

My understanding is that it's the *ratio* of recyclables that matters to
the council, so the more recycling the better (as well as less landfill
and tax, of course).

So the latest money saving idea is to charge £2 for each extra roll of
recycling bags...they actually want us to pay to help them...!

The law of unintended consequences kicks in....

Genius...

--
Tim Watts

This space intentionally left blank...