Posted to alt.engineering.electrical,sci.electronics.components,sci.electronics.design,sci.electronics.repair
Proteus IIV Proteus IIV is offline

Default Help identifying dead electro. cap polarity?

On Nov 12, 2:41*am, Sparky wrote:
This cap was removed from a 70's-80's German industrial machine:

http://i37.tinypic.com/10psxg3.jpg

It has no polarity markings. One terminal is common with the metal case. Is
this always an indication of the (-) terminal?

The base has molded terminal locations numbered 1-4, two of which are empty:

http://i36.tinypic.com/e6x542.jpg

Markings on the side a

* * B41111-B7108-T
* * 1000uF 40V-
* * GERMANY
* * GPF *DIN 41332 06.78

I find a few references to a Siemens part that is similar:

http://www.screenghost.com/shop/show.asp?ID=74#

but no datasheet can I find. Can someone more resourceful than I find one?

I cut open one of these caps. It is paper & foil (or so it seems) spiral wrap
construction. Can polarity be determined by internal construction? Is the
center terminal always one pole (ie, always +)?

Thanks.

PLEASE DO NOT FEED THE TROLLS

I AM PROTEUS