Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Pre-mitred kitchen worktops

Perry (News) wrote:
On Wed, 11 Nov 2009 14:03:15 +0000, The Natural Philosopher
wrote:

Perry (News) wrote:
Well I've done it!!! and, if I do say so myself, it looks great :-)

First time I've had to use a router for lots of cuts on thick (40mm)
oak and it was hard work - my router was easily up to the job (a
Trend T11), but I wish I'd known how quickly oak seems to blunt
the cutter, I only had one 50mm cutter and could really have done
with 2 (or 3)

Tip. Rough it with a jigsaw and only side shave the last mm or two.

I'll try that next time, although my battered old jigsaw now struggles
a bit with 12mm ply, so it'd sh*t itself if I asked it to cut 40mm oak
:-)

I'll have to add a new jigsaw to my Christmas list...

Ask Santa for a Makita 4340. "It's a jigsaw Jim, but not as we know it".
They eat 40mm oak for breakfast.

--
Dave - The Medway Handyman
www.medwayhandyman.co.uk