Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Wallpaper confusion

On Thu, 12 Nov 2009 08:03:01 GMT, Chris J Dixon wrote:

I guess this is the time for the mathematicians to produce a formula
into which we can input drop, repeat, straight/staggered, and it will
tell us whether to cut from one roll or two at a time.

I think the key numbers are drop, repeat, fall (piece length) and
desired trim amount.

I feel that there is relation ship between the repeat and fall that
is modified by the drop to indicate if two (or more) rolls need to be
used for consecutive each piece. It may well be that a large repeat,
in relation to the fall, with zero drop could also save paper by
using two (or more) rolls simultaneously.

I expected to find such a calculator on the web but I can't quickly,
and even more curiously many "how to hang wallpaper" pages don't
mention this alternate roll trick but they they also tend to ignore
wallpapers with drops...

--
Cheers
Dave.