Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Wallpaper confusion

On Wed, 11 Nov 2009 23:16:06 -0000, Roger Mills wrote:

Yep. A drop pattern can get a bit mind blowing. But the simple

way
to minimise wastage is to cut alternate pieces from alternate

rolls.

Absolutely right! You have both rolls on the go, cutting the

first,
third, fifth and seventh drops from Roll 1 and drops 2, 4, 6 and

8
from Roll 2. That way, each drop is an integral number of pattern
repeats, and you waste very little.

This seems like a major DIY tip to me.

Can it go in the wiki??

It's not there already? Is there not a section on wall papering?
Can't say I've looked mind. The bit I can never remember is which way
to overlap into a window reveal, one way shows they other doesn't.

It's not rocket science! I've been doing it since Adam was a lad, and
assumed it was common practice!

It is common practice but it's not obvious. It's only when you hang a
wall paper with a drop pattern and you end up with lots of bits 1/2
drop long trimmed off that you start to think "there must be a better
way"

--
Cheers
Dave.