Posted to alt.binaries.pictures.woodworking
Dan Coby Dan Coby is offline

Default Workbench

wrote:
On Tue, 10 Nov 2009 14:38:33 -0800, "Jim Hall"
wrote:

A prototype round wooden bench dog with leather glued to face and bullet
catch inserted on side. According to what I've read leather is easier on
wood and grabs better.

Looks pretty neat. I guess I just have one question and that is how
much stress is a wooden dog like yours able to take? I'd be
apprehensive of it breaking off. Guess you'll find out.

If you are applying enough force to break the wooden dog then you are
probably also applying enough force to damage the wooden bench top around
the dog holes.