Posted to rec.woodworking
diggerop diggerop is offline

Default Ping Larry Jaques

wrote in message
On Thu, 12 Nov 2009 03:03:56 +0800, "diggerop" toobusy@themoment
wrote:

Going to ring the World Wildlife Fund tomorrow and have myself listed as
an
endangered species. : )

A culturally endangered diggerop.

Leads me to another question. Do most of you buggers understand the
English speaking tourists that visit?

No problem at all. It's almost as if we are bilingual, with a language we
understand among ourselves, (almost with the makings of a dialect,) which
can prove confusing for others, along with speaking straightforward English.
(It really is dying out though and I suspect, some of our unique Aussie
character with it.)

Almost like my Scottish and Irish forebears, who spoke who spoke good
English but would lapse into a local dialect among family and friends. I can
still remember an occasion when I was very young and I'd broken some
ornament in my old Scottish grandmother's dining room. I thought
I was in for a tongue lashing or worse, but she merely said 'Och laddie,
dinnae fash yoursel" which loosley meant "that's all right son, no need to
be upset over it."

diggerop