Posted to uk.d-i-y
F[_2_] F[_2_] is offline

Default Wallpaper confusion

On 12/11/2009 00:06 The Medway Handyman wrote:

I've always found that wallpaper unrolled 'pattern up' IYSWIM. In other
words if you unroll it facing you, the pattern is the right way up.

If you unroll it with the pattern facing away from you then it's still
the right way up, just needs rotating around a vertical axis.

The free end of the roll goes to the top of the wall.

The paper SWMBO chose seems to work the other way. So instead of placing
the paper on the paste table & unrolling it to length, then cutting, pasting
& folding - you have to unroll, cut to length, then reverse.

Or have I misunderstood you? Are you saying that when you look at the
roll, you can't see the pattern until you have unrolled it and then
turned it over? The pattern is facing the inside of the roll rather than
the outside?

Is that common nowadays?

If I got it right second time then, no, I've never come across any like
that. Has management bought it from an 'outlet' that has had to repack
the wallpaper?