Posted to rec.woodworking
Greg G. Greg G. is offline

Default Ping Larry Jaques

diggerop said:

"Larry Jaques" wrote in message
.. .
On Wed, 11 Nov 2009 08:20:33 -0600, the infamous Dave Balderstone
scrawled the following:

In article
,
phil wrote:

Apart from the shortened digit ( I used to able to count to 9 and
three quarters. . .now it is only 9.5 .. played havoc with my creative
writing as well .. ) I am still incredibly good looking, lithe,
athletic and fit - and then I wake up . .!

Buggerit, mate, haven't you heard of the SawStop down there? Or maybe
it doesn't work upside down?

Yeah, in Oz, it jumps up and take the entire hand off.
Very Highly Not Recommended.

That's it in a nutshell.

I don't suppose American wreckers would realise that one of the reasons US
woodworking gear is so expensive over here is that it all has to be
converted. Otherwise, everything works up side down and backwards. This
involves taking it all apart and re-assembling the right way up. Costs time
and money. Oh, and don't forget about making the sawblade or planer head run
the other way otherwise, when you go to break down a 6x4 on the TS, it turns
back into a log. A planer running the wrong way will add thickness rather
than taking it off.

Chinese stuff is not so bad, we just have to rotate it 90 degrees.

Fair dinkum mate. I wouldn't pull your leg over something as serious as
that.

You're freakin' nuts. I like that.

Greg G.