Posted to rec.woodworking
diggerop diggerop is offline

Default Ping Larry Jaques

"Larry Jaques" wrote in message
On Tue, 10 Nov 2009 17:17:09 -0800 (PST), the infamous phil
scrawled the following:

Reading the exchanges between Phully and yourself, it struck me that the
everyday vernacular I use talking with my Aussie mates is nothing like the
way I express myself in the wreck.
Mainly because I don't think anyone other than Aussies, or those like
yourself who have spent time in this country would understand it if I did
use Aussie expressions.

A typical exchange from when I met up with a former New Zealander workmate/
friend.
"G'day you horrible old *******." ; "Well I'll be buggered, if it isn't
the old Kiwi sheep shagger himself."
Translation: both of us were saying "Hello old friend, it's really good to
see you"

"So, how've you been?" ; "Crook as a dog mate" ; "what a *******"
Translation: So how is your health?; "Not good, I've been quite ill," ;
"That's a shame, I'm sorry to hear it."

"So, what's with the bag of fruit?" ; "The missus wants me to go to this
bunfight with her" ;
"You look as flash as a rat with a gold tooth" ; "Yair, I feel like a pox
doctor's clerk"
Translation: "I see you're wearing a suit". ; " Yes, my wife asked me to
attend a formal dinner with her." ; "It's not often I see you dressed a
smartly as that" ; "Yes you're right, I'm not comfortable in these sorts of
clothes."

Current Americanised generation of Aussie kids wouldn't have a clue what we
were talking about either. "Yo brother, what those two old mother f......'s
talking 'bout?"

Going to ring the World Wildlife Fund tomorrow and have myself listed as an
endangered species. : )

A culturally endangered diggerop.