David Hall

Default OT - Coulter

Either abortion is the murder of a child or it is the disposal of some
excess
body tissue. If you believe that it is the former, then how can you not do
everything you can to stop it. If you believe that it is the latter, then

how
can you possibly allow the government to outlaw it. Doesn't seem to be a

lot of
room for middle ground here for anyone who isn't hypocritical in the

extreme.

Actually, there's lots of middle ground. Either way, it's a belief.
That's the key word. A belief is a religious issue. The government has
no business regulating a religious issue. Therefore the decision should
be left up to the prospective parents.

Yes I know, that's entirely too logical to satisfy the "true believers".

So, apparently your "belief" that you are a human being that has the right to
live is simply a "religious issue" and therefore the gov't has no business
protecting your life. What a bunch of bullsomething. If you believe that the
someting in the woman is a living human life, then you are morally bound to
provide it societal protection like any other human life. If you believe that
it is simply a clump of waste cells, then the "owner" has the right to do with
it as she wants. All laws and all societal rules are based on "beliefs" so I
guess we are all religious in your mind. On the other hand, I guess you might
not believe that you are reading this (but if you do then I guess it must be a
religious experience for you)

Dave Hall