Posted to uk.d-i-y
Derek Geldard Derek Geldard is offline

Default BT phone line

On Wed, 11 Nov 2009 01:42:23 -0000, "Arfa Daily"
wrote:

"More fool them ..." seems like a bit of an odd sentiment. How else do you
imagine that the real commercial world does, or *could* work ? If every
physical line had to be put in on an 'as required' basis, the cost would be
a lot higher than 120 quid ... I don't suppose that customers would be too
happy at having a retrofitted cable strung all around their nice new house,
either.

There would come a point above which the amount of installation work
going on "went critical" and would never be finished because new
installations were being requested faster that existing ones were
finished. I.E. The BT vans would always be continuously on site.

AFAICS the water co's and "gaspipes-R-us" or whatever they call
themselves this week, work like that already round here creating their
ubiquitous holes in the ground, and are pilloried by the public for
their trouble.

Derek