Posted to rec.woodworking
Dave - Parkville, MD Dave - Parkville, MD is offline

Default I can't change the blade on a B & D miter saw.

On Nov 10, 12:28*pm, Tom wrote:
Black & Decker miter sale model 7715 type 3.

I bought this saw at a garage sale. the seller cut a board, said it
needs a blade. But, I can't remove the old blade. The armature of the
motor turns when I try to turn the *blade nut. If I "jam" the blade so
it can't turn, the armature still turns. How do I lock the motor to
remove the blade?

I don't know if you have the manual or not, but it says to push the
blade into the table top to keep it from turning. Doesn't sound like
that will help you much if the arbor is still turning.

http://www.dewaltservicenet.com/docu...type%202-3.pdf

Also, I noticed that that saw was the subject of a recall.

http://www.cpsc.gov/cpscpub/prerel/prhtml88/88071.html