Posted to uk.d-i-y
mick[_2_] mick[_2_] is offline

Default BT phone line

On Mon, 09 Nov 2009 23:22:06 +0000, Peter smith wrote:

My neice moved into a new build flat, its has a white bt phone line and
BT will charge £122.50 to activate it! which sounds like a lot of money
to me.

All the wiring is done and there is a phone line 3 rooms. Which seem to
be wired up to a grey box on the outside of the property.

There is no dial tone when a phone is plugged in.

Is there anyway I can activate the line or does this require some
special equipment to do ?

Hoping to try and save her some money as its her first home.

Talk Talk put in a new line for 59.99 - but you are on a 2 year contract
IIRC. Pretty good on calls too so probably worth looking at if they are
available at that exchange.

I've just been through this as my BT line was disconnected years ago.

--
Mick (Working in a M$-free zone!)
Web: http://www.nascom.info