Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default buy AR15

On Tue, 10 Nov 2009 08:32:38 -0500, "Pete C."
wrote:

Gunner Asch wrote:

On Mon, 9 Nov 2009 23:22:06 -0800, "Bill McKee"
wrote:

"Gunner Asch" wrote in message
.. .
On Mon, 9 Nov 2009 19:35:19 -0800, "Bill McKee"
wrote:

"Gunner Asch" wrote in message
On Mon, 09 Nov 2009 17:09:36 -0600, RBnDFW wrote:

Buerste wrote:
"RBnDFW" wrote in message
On Nov 6, 12:57 am, "Karl Townsend"

wrote:
I've got a Mini-14 stainless I'l part with for less.
I have a mini-14 stainless also. Set it up with a folding stock,
flash
suppressor, and scope. Got a whole bunch of 30 round clips. I
understand
the clips will interchange with the AR-15

Karl
There were some mags that were made in the distant past, pre-'94,
that
would fit both rifles, badly. Regular factory-style mini-14 mags
won't fit an AR. Depends on what you have.

My experience with mini-14s is that they're minute-of-washtub,
slightly worse than my SKS. The bull barrel on the AR shoots one
hole
groups with the right ammo at 100 yards, definitely varmint-quality.
Used to be mini-14 prices were about half what they wanted for an
AR,
they're right up there now.
Supposedly ruger got tired of complaints and retooled the Mini14 for
accuracy a few years ago. Still not as good as an AR, but probably
1.5
MOA with the right ammo. And it's arguably more rugged.

I have 2 or 3 ARs, but I'll also be buying a mini14 when I find the
right
deal.

What's the right deal?

Late-model stainless LNIB at $600 or less.

They sell new for $669 at the last few gunshows here in ft Worth.

Sigh..and all the good toys are illegal here in California.

Gunner, jonesing badly for another STG-58

"IMHO, some people here give Jeff far more attention than he deserves,
but obviously craves. The most appropriate response, and perhaps the
cruelest, IMO, is to simply killfile and ignore him. An alternative, if
you must, would be to post the same standard reply to his every post,
listing the manifold reasons why he ought to be ignored. Just my $0.02
worth."

Just send them a California Button to install before shipping to you.

No can do. Has to be "approved" before sale to California.

So Im stuck with the M1A and their clones...and Mini-14s...snicker...

Far too expensive for the one..and far to crappy and inaccurate for the
other.

Gunner

"IMHO, some people here give Jeff far more attention than he deserves,
but obviously craves. The most appropriate response, and perhaps the
cruelest, IMO, is to simply killfile and ignore him. An alternative, if
you must, would be to post the same standard reply to his every post,
listing the manifold reasons why he ought to be ignored. Just my $0.02
worth."

Actually I thought it had to be on the banned list, or it could be sold.

Its on the Banned list. FN-FAL and variations.

While the rest of the nation gave up the Assualt Weapons Bill a few
years back..California had their very own..and they keep adding to it.

You know that most handguns are not able to be sold in California..not
even NEW ones..high quality ones?

Every weapon that is intended to be sold in California, samples must be
sent to Sacto for "testing". Now if the weapon is changed in ANY
way..new sights, different barrel length, color, stainless over blue
rather than blue over stainless...a sample of Each must be submitted to
Sacto, along with a fair amount of money for "testing" before it can be
sold in California.

I read about that and the law clearly exempted private sales. So while
you may not be able to buy the non-CA tested handgun at a retail gun
store in CA, there was no restriction on privately importing one into
CA.

Actually..you cant import a handgun into California without going
through a FFL...and you cant bring in a "non approved" or prohibited
firearm of any kind to California.

http://www.ag.ca.gov/firearms/pubfaqs.php#22

22. I am moving into California and I own several handguns. What are
the new-resident registration requirements?

You are considered to be a personal handgun importer as defined by
California law. You may bring all of your otherwise California-legal
firearms with you, but you must report all of your handguns to the DOJ
within 60 days as required utilizing the New Resident Handgun Ownership
Report. PDF logo [PDF 518 kb / 2 pg] You are not required to report
rifles or shotguns. You may not bring ammunition feeding devices with a
capacity greater than ten rounds, machineguns, or assault weapons into
California.

(PC sections 12001(n), 12072(f)(2))

Have a fun time reading this bit of trash....

http://ag.ca.gov/firearms/dwcl/12275.php

Its worse than the US Assault Weapon Ban was. And its never going away.
At least..not until all the Leftards are dead and bulldozed into mass
graves.

Oh..before I forget... Handguns "certified for sale in California"

http://certguns.doj.ca.gov/

List of "good guns"

http://certguns.doj.ca.gov/safeguns_resp.asp

A list of those that have lost Certification..

http://ag.ca.gov/firearms/forms/pdf/removed.pdf

It should be noted that several Glock models are not on the Cert
list..but are allowed for Law Enforcement carry..of course. As well as
virtually any handgun on the Removed list.

And No handgun NOT on the Good Gun list may be imported or sold...except
to cops.

Gunner

DISCLAIMER: The content does not reflect the thoughts or opinions of either
my ISP, myself, my company or employer, my friends (if any,) my goldfish or
my neighbour's mad dog; don't quote me on that; don't quote me on anything;
all rights reserved; the post is distribution copyrighted to the extent that
you may distribute the post and all its associated parts freely but you may
not make a profit from it or include the post in commercial publications
without written permission from the Prime Minister of Hutt Province; other
copyright laws for specific posts apply wherever noted or not noted, either
deliberately, negligently, or otherwise; posts are subject to change without
notice; posts are slightly enlarged to show detail; any resemblance to
actual persons, living or dead, is unintentional and purely coincidental;
hand wash only, tumble dry on low heat; do not bend, fold, mutilate, or
spindle; do not pass go; do not collect $200; your mileage may vary; no
substitutions allowed; for a limited time only; the post is void where
prohibited, taxed, or otherwise restricted; the post is provided "as is"
without any warranties expressed or implied; user assumes full liabilities;
not liable for damages due to use or misuse; an equal opportunity abuse
employer; no shoes, no shirt; quantities are limited while supplies last; if
defects are discovered, do not attempt to fix them yourself but return to an
authorised post service centre; caveat emptor; read at your own risk;
parental advisory - explicit words; text may contain material some readers
may find objectionable, parental guidance is advised; not suitable for
children; not suitable for adults; not for human consumption; keep away from
sunlight, pets and small children; limit one-per-family; no money down; no
purchase necessary; to approved purchasers only; facsimiles are acceptable
in South Australia; you need not be present to read this post; some assembly
required; batteries not included; action figures sold separately; no
preservatives added; tools not included; safety goggles may be required
during use; sealed for your protection, do not use if the safety seal is
broken; call before you dig; for external use only; if a rash, redness,
irritation or swelling develops, discontinue use; use only with proper
ventilation; avoid extreme temperatures and store in a cool, dry place; keep
away from open flames, naked flames and old flames; avoid inhaling fumes;
avoid contact with mucous membranes; do not puncture, incinerate, or store
above 60 degrees Centigrade; do not place near flammable or magnetic source;
smoking the post may be hazardous to your health; the best safeguard, second
only to abstinence, is the use of a good laugh; text used on the post is
made from 100% recycled electrons and magnetic particles; no animals were
used to test the hilarity of this post other than Synapse Syndrome; no salt,
MSG, artificial colour or flavour added; may contain traces of replies to
peanuts; if ingested, do not induce vomiting, if symptoms persist, consult
your humourologist; post is ribbed for your pleasure; slippery when wet;
must be 18 to read; possible penalties for early withdrawal; post offer
valid only in participating newsgroups; slightly higher in South Australia;
allow four to six weeks for delivery; damage from hurricane, lightning,
tornado, tsunami, volcanic eruption, earthquake, flood, orgasm, misuse,
self-abuse, neglect, unauthorised repair, damage from improper installation,
broken antenna, marred cabinet, incorrect line voltage, missing or altered
serial numbers, sonic boom vibrations, electromagnetic radiation from
nuclear blasts or other Acts of God are not covered; incidents owing to
aeroplane crash, ship sinking, motor vehicle accidents, leaky roof, broken
glass, falling rocks, mud