Posted to uk.d-i-y
Invisible Man[_2_] Invisible Man[_2_] is offline

Default BT phone line

Bruce wrote:
On Tue, 10 Nov 2009 09:45:51 -0000, "Mungo \"Two Sheds\" Toadfoot"
wrote:

Have BT actually said they'll definitely make the charge? Quite often they
don't charge at all for activating an existing line

But it is a *new* line! New property, new line.

Why should it be free, or subsidised? That would only mean that
existing BT subscribers would be paying for it.

I'm sorry, but I don't see why I should pay for someone else's new
phone line.

Difficult area.
I live 80m from the exchange (great for broadband:-)). Do I subsidise
those who live further away with longer lines and probably more maintenance?
Old chestnut about the same price for Royal Mail mis-deliveries to
remote rural houses as local post will be up next!