Posted to rec.woodworking
-MIKE- -MIKE- is offline

Default Changing a Walker Turner saw from 220 to 120

Oh man. Maybe that beautiful saw would make a nice doorstop...
I've currently got 12 gauge wire going out there (it's about 100
feet).
I'm going to have to pull the conduit to run the extra wire through
there.

Can't you use the existing wire that is in the conduit, to pull the new
wire through? (replace it)

I was thinking 12 gauge 3 conductor 220v out to the shed with a
small breakout panel in the shed for the 110 circuit with 20 amp
fuses.

I think another guy mentioned 6-8 gauge wire, I agree.
You should treat it like installing a subpanel.

You could come off the main breaker panel with big-ass wire to a
shut-off box.
Take more big-ass wire through the conduit to the shed, and install a
small breaker box with a couple 220 breakers and a couple 110's.

I have two 220V circuits on my house box. 20 amp (for drier i guess)
and 30 amp (for stove I guess). I haven't looked under there yet.
I'm hoping that it's wired 3 conductor and not 2. The house was
rewired in the early
70s...

Or maybe I should be smart and find an electrician.

That's always a smart option. :-)

--

-MIKE-

--Elvin Jones (1927-2004)