Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Buerste Buerste is offline

Default buy AR15

"RBnDFW" wrote in message
Buerste wrote:
"RBnDFW" wrote in message
On Nov 6, 12:57 am, "Karl Townsend"
wrote:
I've got a Mini-14 stainless I'l part with for less.
I have a mini-14 stainless also. Set it up with a folding stock, flash
suppressor, and scope. Got a whole bunch of 30 round clips. I
understand
the clips will interchange with the AR-15

Karl
There were some mags that were made in the distant past, pre-'94, that
would fit both rifles, badly. Regular factory-style mini-14 mags
won't fit an AR. Depends on what you have.

My experience with mini-14s is that they're minute-of-washtub,
slightly worse than my SKS. The bull barrel on the AR shoots one hole
groups with the right ammo at 100 yards, definitely varmint-quality.
Used to be mini-14 prices were about half what they wanted for an AR,
they're right up there now.
Supposedly ruger got tired of complaints and retooled the Mini14 for
accuracy a few years ago. Still not as good as an AR, but probably
1.5 MOA with the right ammo. And it's arguably more rugged.

I have 2 or 3 ARs, but I'll also be buying a mini14 when I find the
right deal.

What's the right deal?

Late-model stainless LNIB at $600 or less.

They sell new for $669 at the last few gunshows here in ft Worth.

Actually, my stainless is early but hasn't had 100 rds through it. What's
the dif?