Posted to alt.binaries.pictures.woodworking
Jim Hall[_3_] Jim Hall[_3_] is offline

Default Workbench

I think I can make a wooden one much cheaper and save accidental plane iron
and chisel dings from the metal ones. A 6" or 8" piece off a 3 foot 3/4
inch maple dowel, a bullet catch inserted in a drilled hole on the side and
a slightly angled band sawed face cut and that should be about it.. A
couple dollars each at the most.. Found some bullet catches on Rockler site
for a little over a dollar each..

wrote in message
On Sun, 8 Nov 2009 09:51:12 -0800, "Jim Hall"
wrote:

That makes design easy then..! I'm going to try and make some round
wooden
bench dogs with a ball catch mounted on the side to keep it from falling
through the bench dog hole... Catches like these, I think..

http://www.woodcraft.com/Family/2005...on#information

Sounds like work that may not be necessary. There are dogs that have
their own friction spring clip so they don't slip through and there
are dogs with the surface part wider so they don't slip through.
Here's a few examples.

http://www.leevalley.com/wood/page.a...=1,41637,41645
http://www.leevalley.com/wood/page.a...=1,43838,43847
http://www.leevalley.com/wood/page.a...=1,41637,41645