Posted to rec.woodworking
Greg G. Greg G. is offline

Default Finally, WHY he did it?

Robatoy said:

On Nov 9, 11:29*am, Greg wrote:

*One of the
leading items on my bucket list are to ride the length of New Zealand.

I once saw a group (guessing 10 or so) of Duc riders thunder by me on
The Great Ocean Road in Oz. I was standing by the side of the road
after having peeked over the guardrail to the waves way-way-way down
below... I think it was some sort of club, they were all in red
leathers and red bikes(of course) They were moving. Sounded like a
swarm of nuclear bees.
THAT left an impression on me...enough to make that a bucket-list
item.

The first week I rode mine on the street I was buzzed by a large group
of Harleys, sans mufflers of course. 25 or 30 passed on both sides in
my lane and scared the bejees out of me at first. Not sure but think
they may have either objected to rice burners on their roads or were
testing the nerves of the unknown rider.

The friend who had owned several bikes for years and bugged me to buy
one so that we could ride together wrecked his on the way home from
the bike shop when I bought mine. We were flailing a twisting mountain
road and he hit a culvert, broke the front forks and never rode again.

Greg G.