Posted to rec.woodworking

Default Li tool warning - a really long rant Part 2

On Nov 9, 12:19*am, Too_Many_Tools wrote:

Robert...ever buy an inkjet printer with a cartridge that would only
print a few pages?

And then the next cartridge you buy is full...and damn expensive.

The same MBAs and marketeers go to the same schools...and are taught
the same approaches to separate us from our money.

All too true. And likening it to putting less coffee in the can was
the perfect simile, too.

Over the years I have become used to the cheapening of the whole tool
package. When one of us gets a new tool, we often say things like
"remember when these used to come with a really nice case?" or "that
tool used to come with a great blade on it (or a bit set) when you
bought it" or "yup, I remember when the rip guide came with one of
these".

I am used to the marketers leaving out the niceties, and in some cases
useful parts and pieces to make sure they get what they want on their
end.

But to chop down the actual usefulness of the tool so badly was a huge
surprise.

And as noted somewhere else here recently, I truly believe that it is
all about selling the batteries now. Once again, the reference to
inkjet printers if completely spot on.

Robert