fred

Default Magentic Sensors on uPVC Windows

In article ,
BigWallop writes

big snip

Thanks for the insight.

I used to think PIRs were just a lazy installer's way of making life easy for
themselves and suppose I still do where they are the only method of
defence. I used to come in from a bike ride on a cold night & didn't trigger
any of the PIRs in my folks place, so I don't place ultimate faith in them,
even with newer technology.

I reckon there's still a place for perimeter protection as if my alarm goes off
before they gain entry I am less likely to suffer a major loss whereas if I
wait until they are on the premises there is a greater risk of grabbing a few
goodies before they go.

I suppose I'm into layering the security, and not just the alarm, eg. weak
locks on the storm doors but hidden contacts followed by huge security on
inner door so that the sounders are going while an attack is in progress.

Thanks again & I'll def be hiding any new contacts I put in ;-)
--
fred