David Hall

Default OT - Coulter

Roe v Wade was made on the basis of the evidence presented. It was years
ago and I have yet to see a republican make a claim that the court did not
follow the law and the constitution. Its why some of them want a
constitutional amendment. (There is a better solution).

On sodomy laws, didn't they follow the constitution? Didn't they say if
it was okay for a married couple to do whatever behind closed doors, then
why should two queers be treated differently.

Now for that better solution on Roe v Wade; Lets have a national vote on
the issue -- only you have to put your name on the ballot. If those in
favor of out lawing abortion win -- we outlaw it. Only they become the
ones who are then responsible for all the children they wanted to be born.
E.g., they collectively and personally get billed for the collective cost
of child support for those kids.

Every time I've suggested this in person, the anti-abortion fanatics get
upset, turn red and wander away or run away -- like they always do when
challenged to be responsible for something -- instead of just judging
others.

Yeah, we could have done that in trying to decide whether to make slavery
illegal, too. Maybe we can vote on whether murder should be legalized and
anyone who votes to keep it illegal should have to support anyone who claims
they would have been murdered absent the law. What a silly concept.

Either abortion is the murder of a child or it is the disposal of some excess
body tissue. If you believe that it is the former, then how can you not do
everything you can to stop it. If you believe that it is the latter, then how
can you possibly allow the government to outlaw it. Doesn't seem to be a lot of
room for middle ground here for anyone who isn't hypocritical in the extreme.
Thus it goes on.

Dave Hall