Posted to rec.woodworking
krw[_5_] krw[_5_] is offline

Default OT Rant

On Sun, 08 Nov 2009 15:04:49 -0500, Greg wrote:

Tim Daneliuk said:

Luigi Zanasi wrote:

Government spending increases is how we got out of the 1930s
depression. Economies remained stagnant throughout the 1930s until
government spending was massively increased starting with Germany from
1934-1938 (autobahns, public works and infrastructure, rearmament),
Canada and the UK did did it from 1939-45, US did in 1941-45.

Government spending is how the 1930s Depression was lengthened beyond
its natural lifecycle.

Oh, please. This is a long discounted canard.

Hardly. How long did it take for the stock market to recover to
pre-'29 levels?

Economics is called the "Dismal Science" for a reason - economists never
allow reality to intrude on their cute littler theories (as witnessed above).

No fan of economists here, but our current situation was caused by the
wholesale export of jobs and factories, thieving bankers, K-street,
financial con-men and rocketing energy costs. War profiteers and
energy monopolies coddled by the government haven't helped either.

It took you a while, but you finally hit the nail with your last four
words. ...and you want even more.