Posted to sci.electronics.repair
Mark Zacharias[_2_] Mark Zacharias[_2_] is offline

Default Sony Tv Wont Power Up

"David B." wrote in message

"Jim Yanik" wrote in message
4...
"David B." wrote in
:

I have a sony KV34 HS 510 tv that wont power on . The protector circuit
kicks out and stanby light flashes 7 times.
Does anyone knowwhat would cause the above issue and how I could fix it?

Thanks Dave

probably bad electrolytic caps.(ESR)

--
Jim Yanik
jyanik

Thanks for the replies. The tv has a DA-4 chassis. I'm not a tech but have
done some work on guitar tube amps. Tube circuitry is pretty straight
forward makes tracing, reading voltages etc easy work . The only real
trouble shooting I've done on ic's involved switches and solder joints.
Dave

Check the small fusible resistors (0.1 ohm Micron fusible) along the edge of
the power supply / deflection board, about 1/3 of the way from the edge of
the board nearest the front of the set. They are near 1 or 2 larger black
capacitors. Probably the resistors are OK, indicating the FET switchers are
OK.

At this point your most likely culprit is IC 8002, an MCZ3001D or DB.
Replace only with the DB version. This is a common problem.

Mark Z.