Posted to rec.woodworking
Greg G. Greg G. is offline

Default OT Rant

Leon said:

"Greg G." wrote in message
.. .

snip

You conveniently snipped the relevant portion. My question was why did
they miss clear cut signs of trouble, not why did he do it. I'll not
argue with Jung, who certainly makes far more sense than Freud, as
relates to machinery and such - finding out the why is a requisite for
future troubleshooting and avoidance purposes.

I still believe the signs were simply passed over. Why? Some people still
believe that because no WMD's were found in Iraq, after giving them 6 months
to dismantle, ship out, ot hide them, they simply did not exist.

Sorry, but I still don't believe it. Saddam was our best buddy while
fighting Iran, but when "certain interests" desired unfettered access
to oil reserves, he became our pariah even though having absolutely
nothing to do with 9-11. Iraq was not a hotbed of extremist activity
because he ruled with an iron fist and killed them lest they gain a
foothold. We upset the balance of power in Iraq by dismantling both
him and his military. A murdering asshole, yes - 9-11 and a threat to
the US, no.

The US has a nasty habit of cozing up to malicious dictators around
the world as long as it suits us. The PNAC had well documented and
long standing plans to war with Iraq, and this was simply the impetus
they needed to do so. They botched it with insufficient troops and an
exceedingly simplistic view of the region. The locals and extremists
aren't stupid and saw this for what it was - yet another invading
imperialist force. Moderates fled while the crazies moved in to fill
the perceived power vacuum.

This same type of reasoning has disabled the use of profiling. You see a
person acting a bit unusual you ignore it because acting unusual is not a
crime and if you say they need help because they are acting unusual they
accuse you of profiling. I am sorry to say that profiling is the only true
way to help prevent things from getting out of hand. But the use of
profiling has been disabled by a swift and "Broad" brush.

Non sequitur. But yes, the lack of profiling is a bit retarded.
Gray headed old ladies from Santa Barbara are unlikely terrorists, yet
woe be upon them if they have a metal clip on their bra...

As for humans, I gave up figuring them out years ago and don't care
why they choose to do the f'ed up things they do anymore. I do make it
a point to avoid them when I see signs of danger, and lock and load
when I can't. ;-)

Ahh a profiller, a smart one.

Bitter experience learned from exposure to crazed lawyers and crooked
politicians. I've traveled the compassionate road and it continues to
bite me in the ass.

In the latter case, it's simply better to deal with the effect (kill the
****er, his family, his dog, and everybody he ever knew, verily, unto the
third generation) and move on.

Your really don't have to do that althought it seems the best way at times.
You simply deliver equal to the crime justice, quickly and with out fan
fare.

Please note that this is not my quote, but HeyBub's. I would prefer
not to have that statement attributed to me, thanks. ;-)
But it is unfortunate that the civilian cop didn't aim a bit more
carefully - if he survives it will cost taxpayers plenty and be yet
another protracted dog and pony show in the media.

Greg G.