Posted to rec.woodworking
Leon[_6_] Leon[_6_] is offline

Default OT Rant

"Greg G." wrote in message

snip

You conveniently snipped the relevant portion. My question was why did
they miss clear cut signs of trouble, not why did he do it. I'll not
argue with Jung, who certainly makes far more sense than Freud, as
relates to machinery and such - finding out the why is a requisite for
future troubleshooting and avoidance purposes.

I still believe the signs were simply passed over. Why? Some people still
believe that because no WMD's were found in Iraq, after giving them 6 months
to dismantle, ship out, ot hide them, they simply did not exist.

This same type of reasoning has disabled the use of profiling. You see a
person acting a bit unusual you ignore it because acting unusual is not a
crime and if you say they need help because they are acting unusual they
accuse you of profiling. I am sorry to say that profiling is the only true
way to help prevent things from getting out of hand. But the use of
profiling has been disabled by a swift and "Broad" brush.

As for humans, I gave up figuring them out years ago and don't care
why they choose to do the f'ed up things they do anymore. I do make it
a point to avoid them when I see signs of danger, and lock and load
when I can't. ;-)

Ahh a profiller, a smart one.

In the latter case, it's simply better to deal with the effect (kill the
****er, his family, his dog, and everybody he ever knew, verily, unto the
third generation) and move on.

Your really don't have to do that althought it seems the best way at times.
You simply deliver equal to the crime justice, quickly and with out fan
fare.