Posted to rec.woodworking
Leon[_6_] Leon[_6_] is offline

Default OT Rant

"Greg G." wrote in message
news
Lew Hodgett said:

The shooting rampage raises many questions, starting with "WHY".

I've been reticent to join this fray until the smoke cleared.
But that truly is THE question of the day.

Why did they miss all of the classic warning signs, instead choosing
to plow ahead with plans that this guy obviously had issues with?

From what I understand, none of the warning signs were missed. They gave
him bad reviews and moved him around. They did not miss the signs, they
simply had to be PC. PC does not allow you to assume or treat differently
a person that produces substandard results. You have to treat all people
as you might treat your children. You can no longer treat fellow workers as
adults, you might hurt thier feelings.

I'm not in the least defending the act, only the ignorance of his
superiors and co-workers who ignored or dismissed fairly blatant
behavior that would be clear to any 1st year psychology student.

See above. You have to have proof that they will kill. Until they kill you
don't have proof. You are not allowed to take precautions, that might hurt
someones feelings.

Having dealt with a few over the years, I'm fairly convinced that
those who enter the fields of psychology/psychiatry did so due to
their own internal strife. Most grow and learn to deal with conflict,
this dude obviously didn't.

You are probably absolutely correct , but, you should not say that because
some one might get their feelings hurt. ;~)