Posted to rec.woodworking
diggerop diggerop is offline

Default OT Rant

"HeyBub" wrote in message
m...
rest of the world was arrayed against it.

Quite well. The United States Coast Guard is larger, in ships and
manpower, that all of the rest of the world's navies. Combined.

You think so?

The US coast guard, the smallest of the five US armed services, lists itself
at around 47,000 strong.

The Chinese navy alone has more personnel than that (250,000 and growing.)
It has twice as many submarines as the US navy and predicted by some to
outstrip the size of the US navy in total by 2015.
Robert Gates has expressed concerns that the US is in danger of being
outstripped by China as a naval force in the Pacific in the near future.

In 1803, Napoleon supposedly said "Let China Sleep, for when the Dragon
awakes, she will shake the world." I believe we are going to find out he
was right.

diggerop