Posted to rec.woodworking
HeyBub[_3_] HeyBub[_3_] is offline

Default OT Rant

wrote:
On Sat, 7 Nov 2009 17:14:05 -0800, "LDosser"
wrote:

Hmmmm? Nice attempt to blow smoke but it just doesn't fly when you
consider all the other countries around the world that *have* taken
that path and done quite well. Take Canada

We just might ...

Yup, but it would have to happen very subtly. All Canadian born
citizens have considered that possibility at one time or another and
I'm sure there are a number of catalysts (water, oil, etc) to cause
exactly that to happen. However, despite the US being the world's only
existing superpower, I wonder how well it would eventually fare if the
rest of the world was arrayed against it.

Quite well. The United States Coast Guard is larger, in ships and manpower,
that all of the rest of the world's navies. Combined.

I'm not saying we wouldn't get our hair mussed. But I do say no more than
ten to twenty million killed, tops. Uh, depending on the breaks.