Posted to rec.woodworking
[email protected] upscale@teksavvy.com is offline

Default OT Rant

On Sat, 7 Nov 2009 19:45:11 -0800, "LDosser"
wrote:

existing superpower, I wonder how well it would eventually fare if the
rest of the world was arrayed against it.

The rest of the world wouldn't care.

Tradewise most countries would rebel. And even if forced to agree to
commerce and despite worrying about the same thing happening to them,
there would still be a lot of underground resistance and withholding
of compliancy.

Militarily, most countries couldn't do very much when it comes to
resistance. But even if military world domination was accomplished,
regional US governors with troops to maintain the status quo would
spread the US military extremely thin. It's just not a very realistic
scenario for the USA to survive comfortably. That's the way I see it
with my limited knowledge.

Yeah, yeah, I know. That should be extremely limited knowledge or
maybe even complete lack of knowledge.