Posted to alt.binaries.pictures.woodworking
Jim Hall[_3_] Jim Hall[_3_] is offline

Default Workbench

Ha Rob.. Router gouges.. LOL.. yes, I already did that during
construction; but patched it very well and most people would not notice. A
couple butterfly or bowtie plugs installed in the future from gouges might
add a nice character to the top.. When I get old.. older.. and can't
handle power tools anymore, I'll have this bench to work with hand tools.
A lifetime investment for me..

"Mark & Juanita" wrote in message
m...
Jim Hall wrote:

Finished this today. Took a few pictures for posterity. You know
before
add the woodworker's patina of scratches, dents, stains.

... or gouges from router or chisel slips.

/not that that kind of thing ever happened to me. I just heard about it
happening to someone I know

Instead of a
tool tray built into the bench top, I added a pullout tray for that
purpose.
Guess I'll see now if in practice it actually functions that way. The
vise on the far end has/uses two rows of round holes across the bench to
add a
little flexibility for using hold down gizmos. Glad its done..

Rob Leatham