Posted to alt.home.repair
Lefty[_2_] Lefty[_2_] is offline

Default Service agreement

"Nate Nagel" wrote

The one time I tried to call a service guy (ignitor in furnace went up one
cold fall evening) I found that you can't actually get anyone to come out
within a reasonable time frame unless you have a service contract. I
still haven't signed one, but I've thought more seriously about it. It
feels like a racket, but it's the way it is...

I ended up just staying up all night and moving heaters around and bought
a new ignitor in the morning. Got fixed quicker than if I'd waited for a
service guy...

nate

--
replace "roosters" with "cox" to reply.
http://members.cox.net/njnagel

Yeah, even "24 Hour Service" means "we'll be there within 23 1/2 hours". It
sure does'nt mean what you think it would. I can only recommend using a
serviceman that is still small enough to be with-in reach. The big
companies all play those games.