Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default Help with motor capacitor wiring

Ignoramus16167 wrote:

I do not want to reverse it, I never said that I want to reverse it.

--------------
Upon inspection, it seems that the motor has four terminals
1,2,3,4. Terminals 1 and 4, supposedly, are for line in, if i read the
label right.

There is no diagram for the rest, so, would it be correct to assume
that I need to connect 1 and 2, and 3 and 4? Or, if the rotation is
wrong, 1 and 3, and 2 and 4?

You were talking about it here, instead of just wiring it like the
label said to. It was clear that you only use terminals 1 & 4, yet you
ramble on about connecting the other terminals. The other terminals are
N/C as far as the outside world goes. The OEM can use them for whatever
they want, or not use them at all.

You should 'Assume' that the OEM doesn't want you to use them for
anything.