Posted to rec.woodworking
Bill Bill is offline

Default Newbe Question about Shop Heater

"Steve" wrote in message
. 153.164...
"Bill" wrote in
:

"Steve" wrote in message
53.161...
"Bill" wrote in
:

I have an attached 400 ft^2 (20' by 20') 2-car garage with an
(electric) insulated garage door.

What is a smart way to warm it up (to say 60 degrees)? Options
appear to be kerosene, propane and electric.
I assume that propane may be the cleanest and/or cheapest. How
concerned should I be
about exhaust fumes (at this point, they concern me)?

The garage has some unfinished walls and a finished ceiling. Is
occasionally warming it up likely to produce condensation
on walls and lead to their damage? I assume that unprotected metal
will be even more at risk.

Thank you for your thoughts,
Bill

Hey Bill,

Check these out. Someone from Highland Woodworking in Atlanta review
it in their latest newsletter.

http://www.sunrayz.us/ceramic.html

I have no personal connection with the manuf. just happened to be
reading about it.

Steve

Thank you Steve, but I think I've learned that what is necessary to
warm your garage in Atlanta
and what is necessary to warm your garage in central Indiana are miles
apart--at least
during the cooler months.

Bill

Bill,

The person who did the review lived in Racine Wisconsin.

http://www.highlandwoodworking.com/w...er/heater.html

It was an interesting article. Thank you for posting the link to it. This
winter, I'll
probably be dressing warm! This thread has prompted me to think about
installing
more insulation too.

Bill