Posted to rec.woodworking
PDQ PDQ is offline

Default Li tool warning - a really long rant Part 2

In ,
Robatoy dropped this bit of wisdom:
On Nov 6, 5:33 pm, "PDQ" wrote:
,
dropped this bit of
wisdom:

SNIP
What you are experiencing is exactly why all my tools are still
corded. It is a PITA dragging around a 100 foot cord.

P D Q

One of Holmes on Homes sponsors is DeWalt. It was funny to see Mike
Holmes building a suspended deck and the director of the segment doing
a fast edit of Mike and the boys, in rapid succession, calling out for
batteries. "BATTERY!"......BATTERY!"...and so on...
And I'm thinking: "this can't be pleasing the DeWalt people..."

I did buy a Bosch Li 10.x Volt angle driver and I found the same as
Leon. It dies suddenly. All torque and suddenly pfffffft. I really
like that tool though, but it will never be building decks or anything
like that.

Forgot to mention ther is 1 place where the Li seems to excell

My shaver has a Li battery and it is smaller than my old NiCad, a charge lasts 1 month (which is longer than my old one) and it does go pffffffft immediately before it dies. Other than that, I love my new shaver. ;-)

P D Q