Posted to uk.d-i-y
gazz gazz is offline

Default B&Q Automated Checkout

"mogga" wrote in message
On Fri, 6 Nov 2009 12:57:45 +0000, TheOldFellow
wrote:

I claim a record. I put 8 items through, every one scanned OK, they all
fitted on the scales, and I paid without any help from the eight of so
staff hovering. I thought they were going to clap as I went out!
I almost beat my mate who queued for the one human-checkout too.
R.

Not scanned a thing myself yet.

The last time we went the girl who was assisting the self-serve wasn't
even officially at work.
She did say the public is worried about their jobs being lost but
they needn't worry as they'll always need checkout people.

hang on, this is Been and Queued, there's only 1 person who can loose their
job as a checkout operator there.