Posted to rec.woodworking

Default Shop Guest

On Thu, 05 Nov 2009 20:37:47 -0600, "Martin H. Eastburn"
wrote:

And who knows if you have a yearling that got left behind and the
sow, the nasty one, got away.

Just don't get one cornered and have it come out and bite you in the
eyes or snout. Then it is the neck before it runs off.

Martin

-MIKE- wrote:
Martin H. Eastburn wrote:
East Texas - the south in general. Water and cover makes a
happy habitat.

Martin

-MIKE- wrote:
Martin H. Eastburn wrote:
They are all around here and are known to kill dogs if cornered.

Opossum?

Where's around here? Three Mile Island?

I know things are bigger in Texas, but I still don't believe you. :-)

It totally goes against their nature/instinct.

I've heard of many, many instances of dogs killing opossums, bet not one
the other way.

I've seen them put up a pretty good fight up here in Ontario -
perhaps they never learned from the Mommy how to "play possum".

Raise as much ruckus with the neighbour's dogs as a small coon.