Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
RBnDFW RBnDFW is offline

Default buy AR15

Karl Townsend wrote:
I'm shopping for my Xmass present. (Get yer own present - always git what u
wunt)

I'm looking for a hunting quality AR15. Not a match grade rifle, not a POS.
Is this a great deal? other suggestions?

http://gunbroker.com/Auction/ViewIte...Item=144274940

Karl, that is basically retail price for that rifle. You could probably
beat it by shopping around, but not by enough to matter. I would have a
hard time matching that price by assembling the parts.

Oly used to have a so-so reputation, but that was mostly the snobs
talking. Nothing wrong with them, and they are reportedly accurate.

Personally, I would prefer a longer SS barrel - 20" or 24"
It might depend on what you are hunting - varmints from a rest, or game
in thick brush.

If that configuration fits your needs, buy it.
If you decide you need something different, they are very easy to
re-configure to suit. or buy another one, they do tend to multiply.