Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Smoke detectors (now def'n A-coil)

Stormin Mormon wrote:
Two fans, both pushing in? I got to put my hands on one,
once. The guy wanted to know how to clean the air filters.
And asked about put in central AC. I noticed the evaporator,
went out and looked. Sure enough, there's the inverted U
unit outdoors. I pushed the slider on the stat, and the AC
came on. All the money I saved him!

Can't remember the brand. I've heard those are hell to
trouble shoot if one of the motors is blowing the wrong
direction.

It's just one motor, like in a window AC. The shaft sticks
out both ends of the motor. I think I know where one is and
I may drop by to see what brand it is.

TDD