Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Smoke detectors (now def'n A-coil)

Two fans, both pushing in? I got to put my hands on one,
once. The guy wanted to know how to clean the air filters.
And asked about put in central AC. I noticed the evaporator,
went out and looked. Sure enough, there's the inverted U
unit outdoors. I pushed the slider on the stat, and the AC
came on. All the money I saved him!

Can't remember the brand. I've heard those are hell to
trouble shoot if one of the motors is blowing the wrong
direction.

--
Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus

"The Daring Dufas" wrote in
message ...

Ever work on any of those old condensers that looked like
tombstones? One motor and a blade on either end which
pulled air in from either side and blew it out through the
coil which was like an inverted "U". I think they were made
by York but I'm not sure.

TDD