Posted to alt.home.repair
RicodJour RicodJour is offline

Default Paint matching (am I expecting too much...?)

On Nov 4, 6:10*am, ransley wrote:
On Nov 3, 7:10*pm, RicodJour wrote:
On Nov 3, 7:57*pm, ransley wrote:

Colors can be matched and are every day, you have to demand it and
have it dried out as a large sample like 4x4", not the drop of paint
they usualy try to get away with.

Define matched. *If good enough is good enough, then yeah, matching is
no big deal. *If you have a paint and try to match if to a color chip,
computer match it from a sample, use the exact same formula from the
exact same store using the exact same equipment, you're likely to get
three different colors and it's anyone's guess which one will be the
closest.

The whole trick to matching paint is knowing where to hide the
transition and how to hide the transition. *With some paints it is
essentially impossible.

To the OP, unless you're made out of money, and have a thing for the
paint store clerk, you may want to try tweaking the paint yourself
with some universal colorant. *If you're not good with colors, this
too can be almost impossible.

A match is a match, ive painted for 30 years and have good eyes and
dont spend any money on paint matching, I just use my eyes.

Fair enough. Your good enough is good enough for you. Not really a
surprise, is it?