Posted to alt.home.repair
N8N N8N is offline

Default Paint matching (am I expecting too much...?)

On Nov 4, 9:22*am, "Joe" wrote:
"dadiOH" wrote in message

Red Green wrote:

Like to add, when touching up even from an original can, blend/fog by
running the brush/roller virtually dry way past the area being done.
Differences are harder to notice.

IME and IMO this is the best solution for the OP assuming that the new
paint color is pretty close. *One can also feather out by diluting the
paint.

--

dadiOH
____________________________

dadiOH's dandies v3.06...
Get it athttp://mysite.verizon.net/xico

I just scanned over the OP's post, but if it's an option, paint the whole
wall. *The color difference will be less noticeable where painted wall meets
unpainted wall due to light hitting each differently and you'll still avoid
repainting the whole room. *I'll also second the opinion of dry roller
feathering.

It's not an option *yet* as most walls to which I'm doing this still
have areas that need to be addressed. I'd like to be able to take a
couple days and attack the whole mess but I'm picking away at this for
a couple hours each evening etc. and am just trying to find a stopgap
so whatever I'm working on doesn't look too objectionable.

nate