Posted to sci.electronics.repair
baron baron is offline

Default How to make the HP DeskJet 500 print a 'test page'

Robert Macy Inscribed thus:

On Nov 4, 4:21Â*am, baron wrote:
...snip...
It never occurred to me to print on anything other than paper or card
stock.
Thanks for the interesting links. :-)

--
Best Regards:
Baron.

Might be interested in seeing the FLATTEST, and most unique, inkjet
target: a layer of plaster of paris. The special ink sets the
particles sprayed and unsprayed particles are sacrificial, to be used
another time.

This printer puts down a thin layer of plaster of paris, sprays that
layer, then new layer of powder is added and sprayed until a 3D
rendering is completed. I've see 6 inch tall items.

Most incredible of all, I've seen this "Printer" make operating gear
sets that are impossible to assemble! The gears all spin intermeshed,
but it would NOT be possible to assemble such a structure, it just has
to come into existence - operating.

Fascinating, that the 'rinter' has better than 3 mil tolerance and the
inks are colored.

[disclaimer: not associated with this firm, nor gain from discussing
it]

See:
ZCorp color 3D rapid prototyping at Autodesk Imagine
http://www.zcorp.com

here in the Bay Area it's repped by
Sales, Northern California, and Nevada
Peak Solutions LLC
900 Cherry Av, Suite 300
San Bruno, CA 94066
Phone 415-846-7839
http://www.peak-solutions-llc.com

A rather unique way of creating prototypes.
Thanks for that fascinating insight.

--
Best Regards:
Baron.