Posted to sci.electronics.repair
baron baron is offline

Default How to make the HP DeskJet 500 print a 'test page'

Bob Larter Inscribed thus:

Baron wrote:
PeterD wrote:

On Mon, 02 Nov 2009 18:25:30 -0800, Jeff Liebermann
wrote:

On Mon, 2 Nov 2009 13:26:44 -0800 (PST), Robert Macy
wrote:

As a result of waiting, I've been given an HP LaserJet 5 and an
Epson C60 [color printer], so still don't need another yet.
I retired my HP LaserJet 5m several months ago.
Heck, I've got you beat: I still use an Apple Laserwriter II (HP LJ
II) sometimes. The printer is the only straight path printer and
will print on 80 lb card stock for bin lables! Can't do that with my
high speed laser printers, so the Apple still has a job.

Wasn't that made by HP for Apple ?

No, Canon. HP, Apple & Brother all used the Canon SX engine for
'their' printers. (Canon's own model numbers using that engine were
the LBP8II & III.)

Thanks. I hadn't realised that was the case.

--
Best Regards:
Baron.