Posted to rec.woodworking
Larry Jaques Larry Jaques is offline

Default Shop Guest

On Tue, 3 Nov 2009 21:33:03 -0800, the infamous "Lew Hodgett"
scrawled the following:

"Martin H. Eastburn" wrote:

Coon is a bit chewy and greasy. Most are made into stew or chili.
So I am to understand from those who have been to a deer camp
and that was what was in the pot for dinner. Lots of them
are hunted and eaten around here.

When I was a kid a guy bought a couple of black and tans to hunt coon.

Was told he spent something like $5-600 for the pair.

(!950's money)

First time out, they rounded up a rabbit.

Guy shot them on the spot.

Someone smarter might have shown up at the seller's door with rifle in
hand to return the dogs for the $2,000 he spent on 'em.

--
"To compel a man to subsidize with his taxes the propagation of
ideas which he disbelieves and abhors is sinful and tyrannical."