Posted to uk.d-i-y
JimK[_2_] JimK[_2_] is offline

Default Old LaserJet 5 with paper jam

On 3 Nov, 22:28, wrote:
On 3 Nov,
JimK wrote:

My folks have a Laserjet 5P that will only print if fed single sheets
one at a time through the "other media" (sic) flap. I.e. if it takes
paper from the cassette underneath it will jam, but if fed manually
single sheets all is well, if infuriating!

My laserjet1100 (which I think is a descendrent of the LJ5) developed
simiular problems. It was temporarily cured by a heath robinson freeby they
issued, which stuck another paper feed separator pad (IIRC) over the old
hardened one. This one didn't last long, and I replaced it with one made from
a thin bicycle puncture repair patch. It has rarely misfed since.

It's worth bending the paper stack before inserting to reduce stiction
between the sheets.

--
B Thumbs
Change lycos to yahoo to reply

what does the paper feed seperator pad look like and where would i
expect to see it?

ta
JimK